Thinking of buying a home in the Berkshires? West Stockbridge is a Berkshire County town with plenty of New England charm and a wide range of cultural and natural attractions.
What It’s Like to Live in West Stockbridge, MA
As a small community in Berkshire County in Western Massachusetts, West Stockbridge is suitable for people who enjoy outdoor activities, such as canoeing or fishing on the Williams River. Here are some more fun facts about living in West Stockbridge:
- In terms of population, the city is on the smaller side with less than 1,500 residents. However, new businesses are continuously opening in the city.
- Each year, West Stockbridge holds a Zucchini Festival dedicated to everything zucchini. It’s a wonderful time for the community to come together.
- Every Thursday evening in summer, visit the farmer’s market to purchase fresh produce from local growers.
- If you love to try different coffees or are just a coffee lover, you can stop at the Shaker Dam Coffeehouse & Stanmeyer Gallery, where coffee and art come together harmoniously.
- West Stockbridge is home to a river and hiking trails, where residents can enjoy the fresh air and the great outdoors. If you visit Olivia’s Overlook, you’ll have a spectacular scenic view. You can witness the beauty of the leaves changing colors in the fall at this overlook, which is accessible via hiking or by bike.
- West Stockbridge’s real estate runs the gamut from low-income housing to impressive estates.
- It’s not a very walkable area, so you’ll need to have at least one vehicle in your household.
- The cost of living is higher than that of both Massachusetts and the national average.
Things to Do in and Near West Stockbridge
One of the tourist attractions in this Berkshire County town is the Shaker Mill Inn, a family- and pet-friendly bed and breakfast that’s located less than four miles from the popular Tanglewood Music Center.
In West Stockbridge itself, you can visit the TurnPark Art Space – a collection of outdoor sculptures situated in what used to be a marble quarry. The sculpture park also features an outdoor amphitheater where you can enjoy live performances of music, dance and comedy, as well as an indoor exhibit space.
Love traditional American art? Just a short drive away, you can visit the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge. You can also visit the Ventfort Hall Mansion and Gilded Age Museum in Lenox, MA to learn how the American upper class lived during the late 19th century. A slightly longer drive will bring you to Pittsfield, MA, another Berkshires town where you can get a taste of local history at the Hancock Shaker Village.
When you’re not relaxing in your Berkshire dream home, you can take a relaxing getaway in the Berkshire mountains, which are part of the Appalachian Mountains. For a day trip, we recommend Berkshire Botanical Garden in Stockbridge, where you’ll be wowed by a formal garden with a wide variety of flora.
West Stockbridge and nearby Lenox, MA both offer plenty of opportunities for homebuyers looking for a peaceful, small-town area. Home Sweet Home Real Estate knows the Berkshires real estate market well, and we can help guide you in your search for your dream home. Contact us today to get started!
Why Does Choosing the Right Real Estate Agent Matter in West Stockbridge?
West Stockbridge, Massachusetts, is a gorgeous Berkshire County town of about 1,650 residents. There’s a lot to love about this area, including the numerous outdoor activities. The overall cost of living is 95.9, lower than the United States national baseline of 100 and Massachusetts’ average of 127.5.
An average housing score of 154.4 (which factors in buying and renting) in West Stockbridge is higher than the 100 national baseline but lower than the state average of 175. Prospective homebuyers will see a median cost of $538,900 for residences in this charming small town, putting it almost $200,000 above the U.S. median of $338,100 but $18,400 less than the state median of $557,300.
Whether you’re looking for undeveloped plots of land, massive residences, farms or quaint homes, West Stockbridge has wonderful options to suit your needs. Due to the wide range of possibilities and prices, choosing the right real estate agent is essential. By using our extensive experience, we can simplify the entire process and help you narrow down your options to find your perfect forever home right in this historic town.